Kontur is looking for an experienced technical writer for its work-from-home team.
Starting salary ranges from $800 to $1,500 based on interview results. Kontur is a US-based geospatial data and real-time risk management solutions provider for humanitarian, private, and governmental organizations. For many regions across the globe, natural disasters are not just news headlines — they are the reality of life. We are helping companies, governments, and communities reduce the impact of natural disasters and provide help and resources to those who need them the most.
Duties and responsibilities
As a technical writer, you will be responsible for raising awareness of Kontur geospatial solutions. Your daily routine will include writing articles, use cases, content for website, and preparing slides for presentations.
You will be involved in communication with the product teams and head of marketing to gather information for your materials.
Currently, we promote our solutions on Twitter, Linkedin, Medium and share them on our website.
We see that the best candidate for this position will be able to describe difficult concepts in an easy way.
Why would you want to join?
- Technical challenge. You will deepen your knowledge and write materials on topics: data engineering and geospatial components, etc.
- Unmatched expertise. You will be working alongside GIS community leaders, seasoned tech visionaries, entrepreneurs, engineers, and tech leaders with decades of experience.
- Helping people. Our solutions are already being used by organizations, such as Pacific Disaster Center, Beacon NGO, and Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team, in real cases of natural and human-made disasters. Knowing that the feature you have been working on saves lives is priceless.
- Flexibility. We believe that only in a comfortable and safe environment we perform at our best. That’s why we have a flexible schedule and avoid overtime work. The healthy and friendly atmosphere in the company is something we truly value and are proud of.
Things we seek
- Experience in technical writing for SaaS solutions.
- Have examples of work, portfolio.
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work effectively with changing priorities.
- Technical curiosity and interest in analytics and math.
- High proficiency with the programs for creating content and working with texts.
Things that will set you apart
Apply via email
- Interest in geospatial technologies.
- Experience in creating infographics and visuals.