Kontur is a US-based geospatial data and real-time risk management solutions provider for humanitarian, private, and governmental organizations.
For many regions across the globe, natural disasters are not just news headlines — they are the reality of life. We are helping companies, governments, and communities reduce the impact of natural disasters and provide help and resources to those who need them the most.
Duties and responsibilities
As a part of the software development team you will be responsible for designing and developing new features and services for Kontur Spatial Analysis and Visualization Platform, participating in system design to ensure our platform scales with growing complexity. You will work in a fast-paced startup environment validating hypotheses and looking for the best approach to deal with technical challenges.
We have service-focused architecture and our technology environment includes Java 11-17, Python, Golang, SQL(Postgres), TypeScript, Bash, PostGIS (we are PostGIS contributors), pgRouting, OSRM, MapLibre GL JS, Mapbox GL JS, Deck.GL, Kubernetes, React, Reatom, Spring Boot, Docker, Modern React (hooks), ESLint, i18n-next, Monorepo with Lerna, Vite, Ava, GraphQL, Grafana, Kibana (ELK).
Why would you want to join?
- Technical challenge. You will be participating in framework development, data engineering, and geospatial components.
- Unmatched expertise. You will be working alongside GIS community leaders, seasoned tech visionaries, entrepreneurs, engineers, and tech leaders with decades of experience.
- Helping people. Our solutions are already being used by organizations, such as Pacific Disaster Center, Beacon NGO, and Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team, in real cases of natural and human-made disasters. Knowing that the feature you have been working on saves lives is priceless.
- Flexibility. We believe that only in a comfortable and safe environment we perform at our best. That’s why we have a flexible schedule and avoid overtime work. The healthy and friendly atmosphere in the company is something we truly value and are proud of.
Thing we seek
- Substantial experience in Java (or Python)
- Substantial experience in relational data modeling (SQL);
- Good understanding of geometry and spatial relations;
- Passion to identify and propose engineering initiatives;
- Knowledge of the core engineering concepts, data structures, algorithms, and best practices;
- Strong Linux background;
- Expertise in designing complex applications, REST APIs or databases;
- Focus on next-generation data & analytic technologies;
- An understanding of modern deployment practices, experience managing applications in both development and production environments;
- Ability to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing.
Things that will set you apart
- Experience in mathematical and statistical modeling;
- Experience in DevOps practices.