Kontur is looking for a business analyst for its work-from-home team.
Starting salary ranges from $1,500 to $3,000 based on interview results. Kontur is a US-based geospatial data and real-time risk management solutions provider for humanitarian, private, and governmental organizations. For many regions across the globe, natural disasters are not just news headlines — they are the reality of life. We are helping companies, governments, and communities reduce the impact of natural disasters and provide help and resources to those who need them the most.
Duties and responsibilities
As an active member of the development team, you will be involved in the development of software and services from the start of pre-production and into release and further support. Our main technical stack consists of Java, Spring Boot, PostgreSQL with PostGIS. In the front end, there is React, GraphQL, and Mapbox GL for map rendering. The automated test suite is maintained in Python and runs on gitlab-ci.
You will be maintaining project documentation texts and diagrams by consolidating the input from stakeholders and experts collected in mail, Slack discussions, and calls into the project workbook, which we maintain in Fibery. You will expand details into the user stories and coordinate changes with developers and quality assurance engineers.
Why would you want to join?
- Technical challenge. You will be participating in framework development, data engineering, and geospatial components.
- Unmatched expertise. You will be working alongside GIS community leaders, seasoned tech visionaries, entrepreneurs, engineers, and tech leaders with decades of experience.
- Helping people. Our solutions are already being used by organizations, such as Pacific Disaster Center, Beacon NGO, and Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team, in real cases of natural and human-made disasters. Knowing that the feature you have been working on saves lives is priceless.
- Flexibility. We believe that only in a comfortable and safe environment we perform at our best. That’s why we have a flexible schedule and avoid overtime work. The healthy and friendly atmosphere in the company is something we truly value and are proud of.
Things we seek
- Solid experience as Business Analyst, System Analyst or Data Analyst.
- Good knowledge of modern documentation management practices, technologies, and processes.
- Practice in any modelling notation (UML, BPMN, DFD etc.).
- Knowledge of the methods of requirements decomposition.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Good judgment of what is an important requirement and where is implementation’s wiggle space.
- Experience in mathematical and statistical modeling.
- An ability to answer inquiries timely.
Things that will set you apart
Apply via email
- Experience with GIS systems and data processing pipelines.
- Experience working with a remote and geographically distributed team.
- Strong technical background.