Kontur is looking for a Routing Engineer for its work-from-home team.
Starting salary ranges from $2000 to $4000 based on interview results.
Kontur is a US-based geospatial data and real-time risk management solutions provider for humanitarian, private, and governmental organizations.
For many regions across the globe, natural disasters are not just news headlines — they are the reality of life. We are helping companies, governments, and communities reduce the impact of natural disasters and provide help and resources to those who need them the most.
Duties and responsibilities
As a Routing Engineer, you will be responsible for Kontur’s routing engine capabilities. That includes maintaining, supporting and scaling routing solution built around OSRM and pgRouting in the core.
You will be working with the product development team, geospatial data engineers, and open source developers to model various what-if scenarios to timely solve disaster management problems of our customers.
Our technology stack is Linux-based and includes PostgreSQL, PostGIS, GDAL, Python, GNU Make.
Kontur is supporting Open Source so you will have an opportunity to participate in upstream projects directly.
Why would you want to join?
- Technical challenge. You will be participating in piecing together the data analysis puzzles for disaster management, and programming next generation geospatial analytic tools.
- Unmatched expertise. You will be working alongside GIS community leaders, seasoned tech visionaries, entrepreneurs, engineers, and tech leaders with decades of experience.
- Helping people. Our solutions are already being used by organizations, such as Pacific Disaster Center, Beacon NGO, and Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team, in real cases of natural and human-made disasters. Knowing that the feature you have been working on saves lives is priceless.
- Flexibility. We believe that only in a comfortable and safe environment we perform at our best. That’s why we have a flexible schedule and avoid overtime work. The healthy and friendly atmosphere in the company is something we truly value and are proud of.
Things we seek
- Good understanding of graph theory and computational geometry.
- Experience running and maintaining routing engines (OSRM, pgRouting, Valhalla).
- Knowledge of the core engineering concepts, data structures, algorithms, and best practices.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing.
Things that will set you apart
Apply via email
- OpenStreetMap mapping and community engagement experience.
- Linux command line usage background.
- Experience in writing PostGIS queries.
- Data analytics skills in the geospatial domain.
- Experience in Python.
- Experience building REST APIs in any software stack.
- Knowledge in data engineering and data modeling.