Kontur is looking for an infrastructure engineer for its work-from-home team.
Kontur is a US-based geospatial data and real-time risk management solutions provider for humanitarian, private, and governmental organizations. For many regions across the globe, natural disasters are not just news headlines — they are the reality of life. We are helping companies, governments, and communities reduce the impact of natural disasters and provide help and resources to those who need them the most.
Duties and responsibilities
As Infrastructure Engineer, you will be responsible for improving our CI/CD processes and deploying resilient data processing pipelines, APIs, and tools to serve in-house and client users. You will be solving the challenges of log and crash data collection, SLA application monitoring and alerting to raise system observability. On the part of operations we’re looking forward to creating service orchestration from scratch, holding high-availability SLA, database administration, continuous integration of autotest running and reporting, maintenance of resilient deployment, and improving backup and disaster recovery strategies.
Our current technology stack includes AWS (RDS, EC2, S3, Lambda, SQS, SNS, SES, CloudFront), Auth0, Nexus, Zabbix, CloudWatch, Redis, Gitlab, Bitbucket, Cloudflare. Application stack: Java 8-11, Spring Boot, Postgres, PostGIS, Pgrouting, OSRM, nginx, node.js, ActiveMQ.
Improvements of technology stack could be ELK / Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Docker, k8s and other useful things.
Why would you want to join?
- Technical challenge. You will be participating in framework development, data engineering, and programming geospatial components.
- Unmatched expertise. You will be working alongside GIS community leaders, seasoned tech visionaries, entrepreneurs, engineers, and tech leaders with decades of experience.
- Helping people. Our solutions are already being used by organizations, such as Pacific Disaster Center, Beacon NGO, and Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team, in real cases of natural and human-made disasters. Knowing that the feature you have been working on saves lives is priceless.
- Flexibility. We believe that only in a comfortable and safe environment we perform at our best. That’s why we have a flexible schedule and avoid overtime work. The healthy and friendly atmosphere in the company is something we truly value and are proud of.
Things we seek
- Substantial experience in architecting and developing CI/CD solutions.
- Experience in scripting languages, such as Python, Bash.
- Expertise in automating deployments, config management.
- Knowledge of the core engineering concepts, data structures, algorithms, and best practices.
- Experience in AWS (ElasticSearch, RDS, EC2, S3, Lambda, etc.).
- Experience in DB administration, Postgres as a plus.
- An understanding of modern deployment and integration practices, experience managing applications in both development and production environments.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing.
Things that will set you apart
Apply via email
- Experience with Geospatial domain.
- Strong Linux background.
- Prior backend development experience.