Kontur is looking for a senior front-end engineer for its work-from-home team.
Starting salary ranges from $2,500 to $4,000 based on interview results. Kontur is a US-based geospatial data and real-time risk management solutions provider for humanitarian, private, and governmental organizations. For many regions across the globe, natural disasters are not just news headlines — they are the reality of life. We are helping companies, governments, and communities reduce the impact of natural disasters and provide help and resources to those who need them the most.
Duties and responsibilities
As part of the front-end team, you will be responsible for writing web apps that visualize data on the map, provide interactive analytical reports, and help manage back-end data services. The primary front-end technology is React. You will be working with product designers, the back-end team, and the customers to build the best user experience across various devices, from mobile devices to large wall screens in disaster response centers.
FYI. Our current development stack includes TypeScript, Modern React (hooks), Reatom, i18n-next, Monorepo with Lerna, Vite, Ava, ESLint, MapLibre GL JS (open source mapbox fork), Deck.GL.
Why would you want to join?
- Technical challenge. You will be participating in framework development, data engineering, and programming geospatial components.
- Unmatched expertise. You will be working alongside GIS community leaders, seasoned tech visionaries, entrepreneurs, engineers, and tech leaders with decades of experience.
- Helping people. Our solutions are already being used by organizations, such as Pacific Disaster Center, Beacon NGO, and Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team, in real cases of natural and human-made disasters. Knowing that the feature you have been working on saves lives is priceless.
- Flexibility. We believe that only in a comfortable and safe environment we perform at our best. That’s why we have a flexible schedule and avoid overtime work. The healthy and friendly atmosphere in the company is something we truly value and are proud of.
Things we seek
- Experience in writing complex modular and isomorphic web applications;
- ES6+, OOP, and functional programming;
- Strong focus on usability;
- Proficiency in written English.
Things that will set you apart
Apply via email
- Experience with GIS systems (QGIS, PostGIS, CARTO, and Mapbox stack);
- Knowledge of back-end and database technologies such as PostgreSQL, Java, Python, Node.js;
- Prior experience in WebGL, WASM;
- Ability to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing.